- Continue to maintain the property (including the garden) in a good, clean and tidy condition until settlement is complete
- Ensure you keep your Real Estate Agent and Conveyancer up to date with any changes to your address, phone numbers or email address
- Sign and return all documentation you receive from your Conveyancer as quickly as possible. Your financial institution will not start their process until they have your signed authority
- If you do not have a mortgage on your property, you will need to provide the original Certificate of Title to your Conveyancer prior to settlement
- A few days prior to settlement you should arrange for all relevant utilities to undertake final readings and close your account.
- Carefully read and check your settlement statement
- You will need to arrange to be completely moved out from your property by approximately 12pm on the day of settlement. The Agent will advise you what you will need to do with the keys (every set!). Please ensure the property is left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Once settlement has been completed arrange for your home insurance policy to be cancelled (and if you’ve purchased a new property make sure you’ve got that covered!)
Tips for the Seller
Here are our top tips to avoid headaches and make the sale of your property so much easier